The Sissonville Lions Club was chartered on March 6, 1951 with 25 members.
They were: Gerald Bower, Gilbert C. Bowen, Charles Burdette, Malcom B. Click, Jesse J. Coffman, Jack K. Edens, James G. Fisher, W. J. Glass, Rev. A.B. Kinglsey, Reginold Lawson, John C. Martin, M.C. Milan, Noble H. Miller, F.B. Miller, John O. Roach, Joe H. Sawyers, Doy Shinn, W.E. Stogdon, Warren Thaitos, W.L. Thaitos, Karney E. Tinney, Otis E. Vandine, David Mayfield West, J.R. Welch and Rev. J.R. Withrow.
The chartering officers were: F. B. Miller, president; Karney E. Tinney, secretary; and W. E. Stogdon, treasurer.